Dota 2 is not only a popular strategy computer game, but also an exciting spectacle. Dota 2 competitions are held between teams of gamers from all over the world. The game is of great importance for gamers. The International tournament is held annually with a prize fund of up to $45 million. Broadcasts of the qualifying and main matches can be watched on the entertainment channels of local television studios, in China they are broadcast on national television.
Types of bets and odds on Dota 2
Tournament matches in Dota 2 are played in the following formats:
- Best-of-1 – until one of the teams wins in one round;
- Best-of-2 – two rounds are played, in which a draw is possible, or a victory of one of the teams;
- Best-of-3 – until one of the teams wins in two rounds;
- Best-of-5 – until one of the teams wins in three rounds.
In classic bookmakers, they give the following line of bets on Dota 2:
- bet on victory: everything is clear here, we bet on one team out of two;
- bet on winning the round: the bet is placed on one of the rounds;
- Asian Handicaps.
In esports bookmakers, the selection is as follows (besides the main markets):
- bet on FirstBlood: which team will be the first to kill an opposing player;
- bet on Willtakefirst 10 kills: which team will be the first to take ten kills;
- bet on FirstRoshan: which team will kill Roshan first. Roshan is the strongest neutral monster in Dota 2. Upon death, Roshan always drops the Aegis of the Immortal, which grants the wearer an extra life for five minutes;
- bet on Duration of the round: bet on determining the duration of the round, total over/under in minutes.
My personal opinion is that there are enough options in the line of classic bookmakers. It is difficult to predict the result of additional painting. The favorite can easily fail the start of the game, and your bets on additional indicators will lose.
Dota 2 betting odds
Cash payouts may vary depending on the odds to win. They may differ depending on the level of preparation of the team, the results of previous meetings of teams with each other, and so on. Odds are always indicated before placing a bet, so that the user always has a clear understanding of the possible winnings in the future.
Most often they are displayed in two formats – American or decimal. Many portals decide for themselves which format will be displayed, but sometimes the user can choose a more preferable option for himself.
Dota 2 betting strategy
It is important to know that there is no 100% strategy that would guarantee winning in an esports bet on Dota 2. Esports is a discipline with unpredictable results. The result depends on the card received, the gamers themselves, their teamwork, the characters they have chosen. But it is possible to guess which team will win with some degree of probability. The main rule is not to risk the entire deposit and not try to win back if several failed bets followed.If the bets were accurate, you should not think that luck will continue to accompany you – you need to stop in time.
You can choose one or more of the following strategies to increase the accuracy of the forecast.
Catch-up strategy. There is a certain amount that the player uses in the bet. Rates – the same% of the balance, usually no more than 5-10%. Participation in the bet is terminated when the player decides to stop or the balance is exhausted;
Flat. The essence is the same, but the rate is expressed by a specific figure, for example, $10, $100, $500, etc. If there were 4-5 unsuccessful bets in a row, it is better to leave the game.
Peak bets. Spades – the beginning of the game with the distribution of cards, the choice of characters. The participant first studies positions, situations, initial data, then makes a bet. The strategy works only in Live games.
Bet on a new line. There are few analysts who professionally give quotes for outcomes. The result is unexpectedly high odds. Sometimes there are new characters, cards in Dota 2.
How to bet and win? If, in the opinion of the participant, the outcome with such a high odds is justified, it is worth placing a bet.
What to look for when betting on Dota 2?
- You need to find a good information resource.
- Selection of matches.
- You need to track the social networks of the players and teams you want to
- When betting on the lan-finals of tournaments, you need to take into account the experience of the team. If the team performed well online, then it is not a fact that it will show the same game in front of the public.
- Dota 2 is a very unpredictable game, and there is no leader in the distance, so you need to take this into account when making bets.
- Knowledge of the game meta. Small patches periodically appear in Dota 2 that weaken popular heroes, change the characteristics of artifacts, and so on. These changes affect the nature of the game and its speed. Such factors should definitely be taken into account before bidding. For this, it is best to play Dota 2 periodically.